WHOI-TV FAN BLOG

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The New Set... Atleast it Looks Better!!!

So it's here.

The new set.

Well, is it new? Or is it just a replica of the old time WHOI-TV set, with a desk and a cityscape of Peoria???

Anyways, the new set gets my vote. It's about time the station tried something to look better, and I think they accomplished it with this new set.

I like it, really I do... but I'm wondering if I like it because it's just different than the old set?

The brick motife, along with the window looking out to the Peoria cityscape and the brighter colors are welcoming.

I'm wondering now if WHOI-TV is still working on a different look to Ric, Gretchen, and Jessica's weather center.

The only thing that is the same is that... it's only obvious they just spruced it up with giving it sort of a den paneled front.

Also, the automated cameras are cheap, and it shows... during the Monday night broadcast, poor Jim Mattson's "Jim Dandy" piece was overshadowed when the automated camera came in to shot.

The station is working on the kinks though. Tonight's HOI NEWS AT 5pm and 6pm looked a heck of lot better.

Jeff's now wondering if perhaps new theme music and a new graphics package might be added in the coming weeks as Jen Christensen returns from maternity leave???

That would be more welcoming news for the #1 TV station in the "Heart of Illinois".

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger CharlesJ said...

Do you have pictures of the new set? That would be very much thankful because I'm away from Peoria at this time. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home